Looks like it’s going to be a dull season
, or I’m just getting bored with “quantity over quality” logic. Also, I think I’m exaggerating the ratings a bit (maybe except Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 2).
Anticipation Rate: 3/5
- Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 2 – I initially didn’t like the first half of the first season, but eventually grew to like it. I’m a bit obsessed with Obi and Shirayuki
even though I know it’s never going to happen.
- Dimension W – I watched the PV, and I’m a bit intrigued. The art and animation looks pretty cool too.
- Reikenzan: Hoshikuzu-tachi no Utage – Quite honestly, I don’t know much about the series, but fantasy/magic shows is a nice change of genre from the usual titles I watch.
Anticipation Rate: 2/5
- Dagashi Kashi – I love comedy shows, and I read some reviews that it’s really nice. Another thing was that I was honestly racking my brain why Shidare’s face looks so fucking familiar. Maybe I’ve seen manga caps of the series on Tumblr? Not too sure.
But then something also clicked, the art style is like ahegao on Japanese porn. (lmfao)
- Musaigen no Phantom World – A few months back I wanted to read the light novel so badly I even thought of importing it, but shipping is expensive. The plot sounded interesting, but seeing the PV I didn’t think it would look a bit too light-hearted for my taste. However, KyoAni never fails with the art and animation.
- Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu – Randomly found it on Natalie when they posted news that an anime adaptation was green lit. Just want to check it out.
Anticipation Rate: 1/5
- Hai to Gensou no Grimgar – Looks like they didn’t have a lot of budget in the animation. Not really into MMORPG shows, but I’m going to give it a try. I feel like I might drop it though like what I did with Log Horizon and Accel World.
- Prince of Stride: Alternative – Sports anime? PV wasn’t really eye-catching though. Its animation… no comment.
*Bolded: sure to watch.
Active Raid: Kidou Kyoushuushitsu Dai Hakkei: #activeraid
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 2: #赤髪の白雪姫 / #akagami_anime
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 2: #暗殺教室
Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm: #aokana_anime / #あおかなアニメ
Boku Dake ga Inai Machi: #僕街
Bubuki Buranki: #ブブキ
Dagashi Kashi: #だがしかし
Dimension W: #dimensionw
Divine Gate: #ディバインアニメ
Durarara!!x2 Ketsu: #drr_anime
Fairy Tail Zero: #フェアリーテイル
Ganbare! Lulu Lolo 3rd Season: #ルルロロ / #lululolo
Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2: #gate_anime
Hai to Gensou no Grimgar: #グリムガル
Haruchika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru: #ハルチカ
Itachi Shinden: Hikari to Yami: NO OFFICIAL HASHTAG
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!: #このすば
Koukaku no Pandora: #kpandora
Luck & Logic: #ラクロジ
Mahou Tsukai Precure!: NO OFFICIAL HASHTAG
Musaigen no Phantom World: #phantom
Norn9: Norn + Nonet: #norn9
Nurse Witch Komugi-chan R: #小麦ちゃんＲ
Phantasy Star Online 2: The Animation: #アニメPSO2
Prince of Stride: Alternative: #プリスト
Reikenzan: Hoshikuzu-tachi no Utage: #霊剣山
Rilu Rilu Fairilu: Yousei no Door: NO OFFICIAL HASHTAG
Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut: #saijaku
Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu: #shokomeza
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: #落語心中
Please comment below if there are mistakes in the hashtags, or if I’m missing a series. If anyone knows the official hashtags for the ones I didn’t have, please let me know. Thanks.
Well, this is one mouthful title.
Sakurako-san was not exactly part of my to-watch list, but when I get a little impatient waiting for other shows’ episodes, I start looking for other titles to watch. It came for me as surprise that I liked it. Sakurako gave me BBC’s Sherlock and CBS’s Elementary vibe albeit her personality is a tad bit more eccentric that either of their Sherlocks but a little closer to CBS’s version. I liked its take on how her skills come from her knowledge of bones. From the mystery shows I’ve watched, usually solving a case comes from their observational and deducing skills. Sakurako does have that but is also aided by her osteologist profession.
Others may not be fine with the cases being episodic, but I didn’t mind it. I’m used to watching shows like that, but the difference was that the others are normally an hour-long episode which made Sakurako look a bit fast paced and condensed. I guess that’s one of the cons of the show is that it didn’t give the viewer the chance to solve the mystery on their own. There were very little clues given that by the 15-minute mark, all of a sudden Sakurako knew everything that went down. I find it a little bit funny how her character downplays her explanation by saying, “…but I can be wrong.” But we know she’s always right.
A quick example I can give is the season finale’s case. When Sakurako deduced Yachi killed her own father, I was like, “Woah, where did that come from?” There was no indication whatsoever. For all we know, she was an accessory to murder but not the actual murderer.
I guess what I’m trying to say is that each case should be around at least two episodes. There were a couple episodes that I feel are more like filler episodes than anything (i.e. festival episode). There was no chance to even wrap up the actual mystery of the show, the Hanabusa case. Depending on the feedback, I’m thinking they’re hoping for another season so they left that cliffhanger. Other than those hiccups, overall, it wasn’t too bad. I liked Sakurako’s character although I don’t really see the point of Shoutarou’s. He’s probably there to give emotional balance to Sakurako so they don’t just give us a character with a few loose screws on her head.
For the other technical details, the opening and ending theme songs weren’t too bad. I’m probably deducting points because of Ishida Akira (Isozaki Itsuki). I’m not a fan of his voice acting here. Regards to the animation, the most beautiful scene has to be that moment when Sakurako goes to her thinking mode.
Sound/VA cast: 4/5